So we are entering some uncertain territory with the birthfather being a no-show. According to our lawyer, he has done enough to meet the very low bar of birthfather involvement that the lawyer would not advise us to move forward if he wants to contest the adoption. And we don't want to get into a battle with a birthfather anyway. However, not consenting and contesting are two very different things. While he has advised the birthmother against adoption, whenever she reiterates her commitment to it, he says he will go along. And he did tell the social worker that he would consent and she was quite happy with how that conversation went. He could just have other things going on in his life that make him not show up. So it is all about waiting and praying.
In other news, I'm not doing too well with ICLW. For one thing, my work schedule has been killer. So I come back to my hotel room and want to collapse. But I am also having computer problems that keep me from commenting. For some reason, on most blogs the "post a comment" button is not shown. At first I thought the blog owner had disabled it accidentally, but when it was multiple people who all thought they would be getting a lot of comments, I began to suspect it is me. I've never had this problem before, but I've noticed this computer is doing all sorts of other funky things on this trip. So for those visiting from ICLW, please know I'm trying!
Quiet house, happy kids…
3 days ago