Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cousins

This weekend I am heading out to Cali to take my youngest cousin on a college tour trip. She is about to start her senior year of high school and gets terrific grades, so she is trying to figure out her options. Neither of her parents went to college, so while they try to be supportive, they don't know the questions to ask or what to do. So I am meeting them for a short trip. I am not that close to this cousin mainly due to our age difference as we are quite a like in many ways. Our grandmother calls her "Missy with a mouth" to point out that I am the quieter one of the two.

This morning I realized that my oldest niece is starting 8th grade. Assuming we get pregnant in our next few IUIs, the baby would be born near the end of her 8th grade year or beginning of her freshman year in high school. This cousin was born my freshman year in high school. So they would have a similar age difference. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...