Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Book club

So I am preparing myself for my book club tonight. I was thinking about the need to do so a few days ago. One of the women in my book club, while lovely in other ways, has a little boy and can't stop talking about him. Seriously can't stop talking about him. There are other women in the group with babies, and it is a casual book club so we definitely talked about things other than the book. But it was not until she joined that the conversation made a major turn to all things baby. And the particular book we are discussing tonight has a character whose storyline includes miscarriages, so the topic could come up in our discussion. So I was already preparing myself mentally for this night.

And now I am incredibly grateful to my other friend from book club, who sent me an email yesterday that this woman is pregnant again. I can't imagine how the baby talk could get worse, but I'm sure it will. This other friend has babies conceived with help, so she knows this journey and was kind enough to give me warning so I am not blindsided with a pregnancy announcement in book club. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, how fun. That sounds a lot like my bunco group. Good luck getting through it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm sorry Missy :/ It was nice of your friend to give you a warning, those things are so hard when they catch you by surprise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...