Thursday, May 17, 2012

Child Care Update

While I was anxiously waiting for my ILs to return with a very upset Seven the other day, I got a call that there is a place for him at the child care center at my place of work. This was great news in a bad day. This center is highly desirable, subsidized slightly by my employer, and located right next to where I work. Seriously, it takes me longer to get to my car than to where he will be.

The tricky part is that we had already secured a place for him at a Montessori school that we really liked. I checked out the employer child care today and it was quite good. I can see why most people on campus see getting a spot there as hitting the lottery. Usually the wait is almost two years. Comparing the two programs in terms of personnel and program, there are various things we liked better at each place. The Montessori school will work with cloth diapers while the other place won't. But the location and price difference really give the place near my office a major advantage.

In other news, my ILs watched Seven again today, this time staying at our house rather than going to their home. It went much better today. He ate and slept well, and was happy most of the day. Needless to say, all of us were much happier.

1 comment:

  1. Having multiple good options is a good problem to have! So gald things went better yesterday with Seven and the IL's.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...