Friday, April 13, 2012


Thanks for the encouragement. I like the plan to try just a few each day until I get the hang of cloth diapers and see if they will fit well. I am a little worried about him being too small. He hasn't been officially weighed in a few weeks, but I'm guessing he is about 8.5 pounds. He is starting to really grow out of the newborn and fill the 0-3 months clothes. I've also noticed that his diapers have changed. In the first few weeks, nearly every diaper was both dirty and wet. And now he has mostly wet diapers, with only a couple of dirty diapers a day. So I'm taking that as a sign that his digestive system has settled into its groove somewhat.

I realize I haven't given any update on how Seven is doing. Overall, he is still perfect. He only cries when he is hungry or has gas. He gets a little fussy in the evening, is usually easy to console. He has gotten a little cold these past couple of days. I'm not worried about as it is just making him congested, but there is no fever or extra fussiness (except for when I'm trying to clear his nose) or anything else unusual.

Seven is spending more time awake and playing. He focuses on us well and has started reacting to us talking to him. And the best thing in the world is to see him smile at us! He is so adorable and gets cuter everyday.

There is one thing I am concerned about. He still has the stump of his umbilical cord! It was supposed to be gone 4 weeks ago. The doctor said we shouldn't be concerned unless it is infected, which it isn't. We've been taking care of it like we should, but it is hanging on strong. I know that everything is supposed to happen in its own time, but really, it is time for this to be gone.


  1. The kid's fell off in a matter of days, but baby E's hung - forEVER (I'm thinking at least 5wks). It seriously grossed me out. So I started using alcohol on it (which doesn't hurt) and if was off a couple of days later. It was fine on there, but just gave me the willies :)

  2. How are you taking care of the cord? Some say to use alcohol, others say to clean it and do nothing. The consensus on my playgroup was that if you did nothing it fell off in about a week, but it you used alcohol it would hang on for a month.

  3. Ginny's cord hung on for a good while (we just used warm water and a cotton swab to clean it) and it stuck around for quite a while. I know she still had it at her second well-baby check so that would have been around one month old. I remember our doc commenting on it at the time, saying that it should be gone at that point.

    But of course he also said that her outie would become an innie... still waiting for *that* to happen. :)

    Glad to hear that things are continuing to go well.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...