Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow day

I used to live in a cold weather state and so whenever my current (warmer) state gets some snow, I can't help but laugh. Yesterday I headed to the store for my normal weekly grocery shopping. I walked into the store expecting to see an entrance full of carts, but not one was in there. And none by the other entrance. I started to head outside, when an employee came in and told the manager that all the shopping cart holding things outside were empty. All the shopping carts were inside the store. In use. Being filled up with mounds of food people think they will need in the coming horrible snowstorm. We got maybe 3 inches.

Normally I would just laugh this off, but today has been a day circled on my calendar for weeks. One of the adoption agencies we are considering is having their first information session of the year. This was going to be our grand kick-off of sorts. But it's been delayed. Until further notice.

In happier news, I did find out that one of my best friends from grad school is moving to our city. Yay! It will be so much fun to have her around. I need to start cleaning out my craft area.

2 comments:

  1. I live in WI, so I know how funny it is to see others react to a mere couple inches of snow! We barely blink at 6 inches. Ha!

    Hopefully they reschedule a meeting for you all soon. That's a bummer to have it delayed.

    Enjoy your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that your information session was delayed! Hopefully it will come back soon!

    And yes, I think it's funny how the warm weather states react to the snow. We in CT got 13-29 inches today. About 20 inches in my town.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...