Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cold feet

Well, I still haven't heard anything from the caseworker about our potential placement. I don't really know if they work on weekends. I would assume they would work whenever the birthmother needs them, but probably are following up with her on their days off. I am going to call the caseworker tomorrow to see if there is any update.

In the meantime, I've been going back and forth between being hoping this is our match and thinking of first names that go well with the middle name the birthmother mentioned and between thinking this is not it for us at all. There is something that I realized yesterday that made me start thinking this, but I am not sure if I am just nervous. Sort of like how the biggest fights my husband and I had were in the two weeks after we got engaged. The things we were fighting about were not new issues, but all of sudden it feels really real and overwhelming, and a little bit scary.

In the back of my mind I am trying to remind myself that the birthmother hasn't made up her mind yet and so this may still lead to nothing. But then we did spend yesterday looking at strollers and carseats.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is probably natural to get cold feet a bit - I know when we found out our IVF worked I kind of freaked out a little, wondering if we were really ready for this, etc. Maybe it is because it is something we have worked so hard for and had even begun to wonder if we would ever have kids and sort of resigned ourselves to the fact that it may not happen - at least anytime soon. It is a big step - and you guys will be awesome parents - whether it is to this baby or another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you here something from the caseworker soon and that things work out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...