Wednesday, March 10, 2010

All clear!

Well, the laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are done. Turns out, both tubes are clear. So I don't know what happened with the HSG. The RE did say sometimes there can just be a spasm that makes it looked blocked. I had no adhesions or anything to worry about. And no endometriosis. All in all, very good news. The only thing the doctor thought was out of the ordinary is that I have a very small (minuscule he said) cervix. But that might be because it is early in my cycle.

After I found this out, I thought, "hmm, so really there was no reason for this surgery?" I guess it is good just to know and have more answers.

I am feeling really well. I thought I would be more tired than I am. I'm resting on the couch and a bit weak, but not feeling sleepy. Not too much pain. DH is taking good care of me.

Now to finish off my week, I just need to make it past the baby shower at work on Friday. I would skip it, but it is literally right outside my office. I could hear it anyway if I stayed in my office. My plan is to show up, eat some cake, and pretend I have a meeting in another building. I am supposed to get walking in everyday for my marathon training, so that would be a good opportunity.

10 comments:

  1. I had the same type of surgery results. They thought, maybe I had endo, but they didn't find anything wrong with me, so it turned out to be a pointless procedure. Maybe bc your cervix is small, it needs to be dilated right before ovulation ??? I heard of this once before, so maybe that's a possibility. I'm sure your doctor would suggest it if he thought it might work. I dunno. *shrug* Just thinking of suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through another blog. So glad your results were good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear good results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the procedure went well and you're feeling good. And yay for open tubes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling well, and - becasue they didn't have to do much, your recovery should be relatively quick. I'm also glad that everything looked good while they were in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that it went well! I know it feels like maybe it was an unnecessary procedure, but there is something to be said for peace of mind, right?

    Sending prayers of thanksgiving (both tubes open, no endo... YAY!) and for a quick healing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news!! So thankful it went smoothly and your uterus and tubes get the all-clear for baby making! Rest up :)

    makingmemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news!

    I had a similar experience. They thought that one of my tubes was blocked because of what happened in the HSG however, when they went in my tubes were fine. It is always good to get the all clear, at least you now know that you don't have any cysts or endometriosis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome news!!

    And a really good plan on the baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really glad about the surgery results, but what a bummer that you had to have surgery. And that is so cool that you're beginning marathon training!!! I've done 2, and while I'm not sure I have time to train right now, I'd love to do another one (when I can train pushing a jogging stroller, etc.)!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...