Monday, November 15, 2010

Holidays are here

The holidays are here. And so are the feelings of sadness and longing that most infertile have during this time. It seems to start earlier this year. I was grocery shopping when my mom called. She brought up the difficulty of scheduling our tradition of baking cookies with my gramma because of my cousin's work schedule. And then she mentioned my other cousin will be bringing her toddler to Christmas Eve. And how great that will be because after all what is Christmas without a baby? And how sad she is because my sister is not coming for Christmas and thus deriving my mom of grandkids on this child-centric day.

I could barely get home from the store. I'm not sure how I will get through the week home if this keeps up.

5 comments:

  1. Have you told your mom how you feel? I'm sure she doesn't intend to hurt you, she just doesn't realize what she is doing to you. Please consider telling her what these comment feel like to you! Focus on how these statements feel. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) Missy. I know that feeling and hope it's the last year you have to feel it. :( Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* I am sorry. This is a kinda crappy time where we feel being infertile even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, Missy! IF sucks year-round, but even more so at this time of year. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry. And i feel that exact same way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...