Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First round done

My baseline appointment went well. Estrogen was 53. I gave myself the first injection in a hotel room in a city I' ve never been to before. I had the directions up on my iPad and DH on the speakerphone as I figured out what to do. It wasn't so bad. Sticking the needle in was actually the easiest part! There was a bit of a sting afterwards. Why doesn't anyone ever warn about that?

This was a quick trip so tomorrow I fly back home. The airline said I could the needles in my carry-on, but I' d rather not deal with TSA. Plus it easier to tell my boss I just prefer to check my bag than explain why I have needles. He already has one employee now who had many dr appointments and is now pregnant with twins from IVF, so it is better to avoid mentions of doctors.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the first round being done! The gonal-f didn't sting me, but menopur did. It felt like a bee sting. Icing it after helped a little. I also found that if the meds were cold, it wasn't as bad- but that's just me.

    Good luck this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the first round! It sounds like you did great- sorry it stung:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I just came across your blog and wanted to wish you the best of luck with this cycle. I truly hope that it is the one. Looks like we are cycling together - I am a day or so behind you - I start the injections tonight for my second IUI! Here's to hoping we can celebrate a couple of BFPs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...