I thought I was logging off for Christmas, but Mrs Gamgee posted this and I had to do it. Merry Christmas!
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then post this on your blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapping paper. Last year I tried to use catalogs as a way to reuse the paper, but this year I have mostly big gifts. I thought about using newspaper and nice ribbon, but didn't do that.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. We keep it up a long time.
3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as possible after Thanksgiving (but never before)
4. When do you take the tree down? It stays up until January 6 (the Epiphany)
5. Do you like eggnog? No
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A cabbage patch kid doll
7. Hardest person to buy for? My ILs. They buy everything they want and don't like junk.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My hubby. We exchange lists of what we want.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I try to have reminders of the real reason for Christmas. We also have an advent wreath
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas ever? My younger sister was born on Christmas day. Although she is great and I love her, when you are 6 and don't get to open presents on Christmas morning because your dad is at the hospital with your stepmom and you have to spend the day with your stepmom's dad who you don't know all that well, it does not make for happy memories from that day.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? I'm easy to please here. I'll enjoy almost everything. DH loves Rudolph and movies with that similar feel.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime in the fall I'll start seeing things I think people will like and buy it then.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15 .Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies!
16. Lights on the tree? Oh yes. DH is very particular about his lights. We traveled through 3 states to find the perfect lights for him the first year we were married. Two years later they had them in every Target.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Winter Wonderland and Little Drummer Boy
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This is our first Christmas staying at home since we both moved out for college. Usually we travel either to his parents or my mom's. This year is our year to spend with his parents and they just moved close to us.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. It's nonstop presents in our family. Presents with his parents Christmas Eve. With each other Christmas morning. With my sister and her family later Christmas day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? So much to do and so little time
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Most of my ornaments have special meaning. So hard to choose.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Crab.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a new camera
Now it's your turn. If you play, please leave me the link so I can read your answers.
Quiet house, happy kids…
3 days ago