Monday, December 14, 2009

Cookies

I am finally done with our holiday baking. At least the baking we do for presents. There will be more baking for stuff to eat on Christmas day.

I think we made over 300 cookies/treats. I made about 3 dozen ginger-toffee cookies (one of our faves), 2 dozen chocolate-espresso snowcaps, 6 dozen chocolate biscotti, 2 dozen coconut cookies, 36 chocolate peanut butter squares, 4 dozen cane cane cookies (with peppermint extract), and around 3 dozen shortbread cookies. We gives these out to our neighbors, coworkers, friends, etc.

I used to make these all in one day, but this year tried something new. I made a different type of dough each weeknight and then froze it. Saturday I did all the actual baking. I was still tired on Saturday, but also did finish up my shopping a few other things, so I think this plan worked out well.

Now onto to Christmas cards. My mom arrives on Thursday, so we are trying to get everything done by then so we can enjoy her visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...